Due to Friday's school closure, the Student Registration Office will extend Open Enrollment through next Monday, February 7. The office will be open on Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The time to enroll your child for school next year is upon us. January 24 through February 4 is Open Enrollment. If you would like to apply to attend a magnet school, minority-to-majority tranfer, or other transfer options this is time period to submit your application.
REMEMBER: Registration is NOT based on a first come basis. You may register ANY TIME between January 24 through February 4. The first few days are often extremely busy and lines may form outside in cold temperatures. You may come anytime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. from January 24 through February 4.
What are the steps I should take?
1. Visit the schools you are considering and call ahead to schedule a tour.
2. Once you have decided which schools you would like to apply for, download the appropriate 2011-2012 registration forms from www.LRSD.org:
- PUPIL INFORMATION FORM
- HOME LANGUAGE SURVEY
- THREE-YEAR OLD APPLICATION – CHICOT / ROCKEFELLER / WOODRUFF
- ROCKEFELLER EARLY CHILDHOOD APPLICATION
- FOUR-YEAR OLD APPLICATION
- OPTIONAL ENROLLMENT REQUEST FORM ELEMENTARY (Kindergarten – 5th)
- OPTIONAL ENROLLMENT REQUEST FORM MIDDLE (Grades 6-8)
- OPTIONAL ENROLLMENT REQUEST FORM HIGH SCHOOL (Grades 9-12)
- ELEMENTARY TNT (Transfer with NO bus Transportation)
- SECONDARY TNT (Transfer with NO bus Transportation)– This form can only be submitted March 7th – March 18th
- PUPIL INFORMATION FORM - SPANISH
- HOME LANGUAGE SURVEY
- APLICACION DE 3 AÑOS – CHICOT / ROCKEFELLER / WOODRUFF
- APLICACION DE 4 AÑOS
- FORMULARIO DE SOLICITUD DE INSCRIPCIÓN OPCIONAL PRIMARIA (Kinder-5)
- FORMULARIO DE SOLICITUD DE INSCRIPCIÓN OPCIONAL SECUNDARIA (Grados 6-8)
- FORMULARIO DE SOLICITUD DE INSCRIPCIÓN OPCIONAL PREPARATORIA (Grados 9-12)
- TNT de Primaria (Traslado NO Transportacion)
- TNT de Secundaria/Preparatoria (Traslado NO Transportacion) - Este formulario solo puede ser sometido entre el 7 de marzo al 18 de marzo
4. Print out and complete the forms.
5. Gather your child's official state issued birth certificate (passport, military ID card or other documentation may be used), social security card or number (must have card if your are registering for P3 or P4) , proof of residence (i.e. a lease agreement or current utility bill in the parent or legal guardian's name within the past 30 days,no cell phone bills).
6. Make a copy of all documentation to submit to Little Rock School District and make a copy for your records.
7. You may register for P4-12th grade by turning in your forms at your attendance zone school.
8. For P3 and P4 students Only - Proof of income is required - such as paycheck stubs for parents/guardians living in the household - if both parents are living in the household - proof must be provided for both (no older than 30 days), 2010 W-2 Statement, 2010 Federal Income Tax Return, 2010Form 1040 Schedule 1040 Schedules C or F (if self-employed), letter from employer stating income amount and how often paid, letter from DHS caseworker or other social service agency stating gross household income, documentation showing family is currently receiving food stamp benefits, notarized letter that the parent earns no income or that the parent earns over the 200% Federal Poverty Guideline – 2010. You must also complete the ABC application.
P3 will only be accepted at the Student Registration Office (501 Sherman Street, 447-2950).